CTC has established and continues to maintain strong and effective HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) policies and procedures. This is done in liaison with accredited institutions that provide safe and secure logistics services, demonstrating the company’s dedication to environmentally responsible business practices. Our HSSE management system is at the heart of all our operations.
Sibed Transport Co. Ltd observes strict environmental standards. All our yards have interceptors to prevent the discharge of effluent into the environment. NEMA approved companies conduct quarterly testing on these interceptors. We boast of a very robust Spill Emergency Response Plan and all our trucks have been fitted with spill kits. Because protecting the environment is part of our Goal Zero plan, we have installed all our trucks with AdBlue – an EU approved technology that converts exhaust gases into harmless nitrogen and steam. This ensures that the environment remains safe as reduced pollution means cleaner air to breathe as well as beautiful landscapes and national parks.
CTC is a leader in the transportation business in terms of safety performance and safety standards. Since 1997 we are proud to have never had any fatal incident. Our GOAL Zero approach and HSSE statistics are evidence of this remarkable achievement. In addition:
- We manage all our risks to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) using the Hazards and Effects Management Process (HEMP) and Security Risk Assessment (SRA)
- We have a comprehensive HSSE Management system which is at the heart of all our operations
- We manage road transport safety through the application of the best standards in Driver, Vehicle and Journey Management (DVJM)
- We are also proud to have one of the best emergency responses in the industry, with fully stocked emergency response and patrol vehicles
- Our standards have been audited by all our clients and found to be highly satisfactory
- Ranked a highly professional haulier, we are currently in the process of acquiring ISO certification
We have conducted a comprehensive Security Risk Assessment (SRA) and identified all possible security risks along our routes, yards and control points. We have managed these to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP). We are also in continuous liaison with security agencies in all countries in which we operate to ensure our sites and our operations are safe and secure at all times.
We know that to be productive and to operate safely, we require a healthy human resource. We therefore carry out medical screenings on all new hires and facilitate annual medical checkups. We regularly call in medical experts to give health talks to our staff and to carry out free health tests. We encourage every member of our workforce to continuously take personal responsibility for their health.